If you’ve been a Ticketmaster customer between 1999-2013, you should have some voucher/discount credits in your account in the Voucher section because of the class-action settlement. But there is some confusion, and I’ve not seen any news that included all the info you’ll get here. I skimmed the actual legal document for you, my friends. (note: update is at the bottom)
- You will be getting cash discount codes $2.25 each off a new purchase.
- For the very few who had tickets delivered by UPS, you also get a “UPS discount code” ($5).
- You’re also getting a voucher for a pair of free tickets. Note – the website link for the list of shows is not live yet (but see below). The maximum you can receive is 17 discounts and 17 vouchers.
- The free tickets are only for shows produced by Live Nation (which merged with Ticketmaster). And the estimate is about 60% of the events. So no, no freebie Hamilton tickets.
- The bad news is that these discount codes function to eat into the number of free tickets offered. The more the $2.25/$5 discounts are paid out, the fewer free tickets will have to be made available. It is even possible, if my interpretation is correct (and I am not a lawyer), that if enough people choose to use the discount codes, they may not have to issue the tickets. And if they wanted to, they could wait until they have 12 months of accounting on the discounts before releasing tickets. However, I can’t see that happening since they didn’t give any indication in the notification.
- 10.5 million dollars minimum is required to be released annually of the 45 million total settlement in their codes and vouchers. What this means to you – it’ll be worse than the world’s toughest rock concert to get your tickets, once it goes live.
- The codes are not transferable, however the tickets are!
Definitely sign up HERE for the email alerts at Ticketmaster that will email you when you are able to choose your Live Nation events. HOWEVER – UPDATE – you must just check this link yourself because the first batch of ticket vouchers were gone before the email alert came in. You can search by city. The vouchers are limited to “General Admission” which is usually the lawn or the back section. I’ve been successful buying tickets in other cities (as mine were gone) and selling them by putting them up on the livenation site for resale (easy process).
CURRENT UPDATE – JULY 20, 2016. LIVENATION/TICKETMASTER HAS REACHED THEIR LIMIT FOR THIS YEAR. IT’S UNLIKELY WE’LL SEE NEW CONCERTS ADDED UNTIL NEXT YEAR. BUT SIGN UP FOR THE EMAIL AND BE READY. IF YOU’RE ON MY MAILING LIST, I WILL PUT OUT AN ALERT NEXT YEAR AS SOON AS I HEAR.